A lot of people think that dogs are just for the summer, but this couldn’t be further from the truth. They’re a pet for life and there’s no better way to celebrate than on International Dog Day! In honor of today, here are five ways you can keep your pup cool all year long.
1) Freeze water in an ice tray and place it in their bowl before they eat or drink anything else so they have something cold to lap up;
2) Give them a frozen Kong stuffed with peanut butter or canned dog food mixed with wet kibble;
3) Put frozen treats inside their favorite toy, like rawhide bones or balls;
4) Turn on the AC (it’ll make you happy too
5) Fill a small kiddie pool with water and let them play outside.
International Dog Day is a celebration of man’s best friend. It’s also an opportunity to get out and have some fun with your pup! Whether you’re into swimming, hiking or just hanging around the house, there are plenty of ways to spend time with your canine companion on this special day. How did you celebrate?